Friday, September 16, 2011

Mason Jars & Volunteers

When I think about these cookies it makes me laugh a little because, really, I just don't think it's possible for these to be more Southern... 

A close family friend (and woman I call the "baby whisperer") placed an order for cookies that looked like mason jars with fireflies flying out of them.  They were for her son's 30th birthday and were to match the invitation.  Rusty is one of the kindest and funniest people I've ever met, and I was so worried about these cookies I actually dreamed about them.  Rather, I had a nightmare that I just couldn't make them work.  I so wanted them to be perfect.  Once they were completed, I loved them.  I personally thought they were gorgeous and just hope everyone at the party did, too.  I covered the "fireflies" in citrus disco dust, and normally would brush away the excess, but the tiny bit left on the cookies added a perfect amount of sparkle underneath the packaging.   


My husband took off to Tennessee with some great friends this weekend to see a football game and to visit with more of our favorite people (Hi, y'all!).  I couldn't let him go down there empty handed so I sent him off with these UT cookies.  I told him they had to at least make it to TN.  From what I understand, they were a big hit and only a few made it to the tailgate.  They were stunning (if I do say so myself), and fairly easy to create.



Our dear TN friends have an adorable 4 year old little girl, as in, you just can't help but smile when you're around her (& her 8 month old brother is just as precious).  So, I wanted to send her a little something special and made these butterfly cookies.  I was actually surprised by how beautiful they were.  I played with disco dust again on a few of them and it was so gorgeous.



  
 And, I, of course, couldn't let UT be the only team celebrated around here.  Because the girls and I were headed to NC for my dad's birthday, I whipped up a few Tarheel feet, as well.  They were actually really sweet and would be perfect for any Carolina celebration (you know, when we beat Duke).









 

No comments:

Post a Comment